Teacher Training 2019
The Yin Space is pleased to present 100-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Mel McLaughlin.
“There is a yin and yang to everything in the universe. They are like two sides to the same coin, one cannot exist without the other and they compliment each other”
Join us for this unique opportunity to explore your “yin-side” over an 8-day intimate Urban Retreat at InYoga studio. This course is open to those who are either already 200-hour qualified yoga teachers, or dedicated students wanting to dive in and learn more for their own personal practice and enjoyment. Yoga teachers will deepen their knowledge and practice of Yin yoga, while cultivating teaching skills that will allow them to facilitate this practice for their students.
Yin yoga is growing in popularity, largely in response to what has become a very “yang”-dominated yoga culture. People are discovering the benefits of a quieter; more still practice – not just in their physical bodies, but also in their nervous and energy systems.
ABOUT MEL MCLAUGHLIN
Mel has been passionate about a yin-style practice for over 10 years, through her own personal practice and self-study. In 2012 Mel formalized her training with Paul Grilley through his 200-hour Teacher Training program in the USA, recently revisited for ongoing training, Qi Gong with Robert Peng & Acupuncture with Dr Dan Keown and now shares this wealth of experience, insight and expertise through her very own Yoga Australia recognized 100-hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training course. Mel is accompanied by a highly qualified team of guest teachers in the fields of Anatomy and Physiology, Acupuncture, and Myofascial Therapies amongst others.
The course material you can look forward to will include and not limited to:
- A study of Yin asanas
- An alternate look at anatomy and physiology for yoga
- Explore the differences between a yin and yang practice
- Yin sequencing and class themes
- Pranayama and meditation in a Yin practice
- Muscle meridian theory and related organs (courtesy of Dr Motoyama & Paul Grilley’s research)
- Meridian Massage and understanding the organs
- The energy system and Chakras
- Fascia research and its function and qualities relevant to YIN
- The concept and importance of Chi
- Teaching styles and methodologies in Yin yoga, including “partner yin” and “wall yin”
Friday 10 May – Friday 17 May 2019 7.30am – 5.30pm
*Please note that no accommodation or meals are included with this course
This training is recognised by Yoga Australia for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points and member upgrades.
Participants who wish to gain a teaching certificate for Yin Yoga will need to have successfully completed a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training course prior to commencing Yin Yoga Teacher Training (copy of certificate must be submitted for verification).
Further Sydney Yin Yoga Teacher Trainings
- Advanced Energetics 23 – 24 March 2019
- 50hrs certificate 16-20 October 2019
- Advanced Energetics 16-17 November 2019
- 50hrs certificate Hobart 27 Feb – 3 March 2019
- Advanced Energetics Hobart 4th March 2019
- 50hrs certificate Adelaide 21 -25 December 2019
- Advanced energetics Adelaide 28 -29 December 2019
see www.theyinspace.com for bookings, European TT dates, master classes and upcoming retreats Australia and worldwide .