Enjoy perfecting your practice in a natural sanctuary for mind, body and spirit, a haven for replenishment, rejuvenation and re-connection with self within the bustling city of Sydney.
Botannix Yoga Teacher Training Program takes place in our beautiful garden studio that looks out onto deities within a beautiful landscaped peace garden, where all that can be heard is the bamboo blowing in the wind…A hidden gem – Serenity in the city!
It is an internationally recognised yoga teacher training program which includes over 200 hours of yoga training, comprised of lectures, workshops, practices, video, audio recordings, readings and assignments with plenty of opportunity for students to learn sequencing, plan their own classes and gain hands-on teaching experience. Our program runs in a small group format (maximum of 14 students per group) ensuring each individual gets the attention and mentorship they require to feel confident in taking the next steps towards becoming an inspiring and effective yoga teacher or to deepen their own practice. Co-created by senior teachers, Dr Jeff Miller and Katie Manitsas; Botannix Yoga Teacher Training offers an integrated approach to yoga.
Take a Video Tour
Katie is one of the most respected and sought-after yoga teachers in Australia. She comes with a wealth of teaching knowledge, having run her own yoga studios and managed others. She has written 4 books and currently working on her 5th. She has written many teacher training programs for Sydney studios, taught many yoga teachers who are teaching in studios all over Sydney including Botannix.
Jeff, the founder of Botannix Yoga, is a highly experienced instructor and Doctor of Psychology with a specialization in interpersonal relationships, carries with him an in depth understanding of human nature. He combines this knowledge with the ancient techniques of yoga, creating a practice that is personal, heartfelt, uplifting and spiritually supportive.
Our 200 hour teacher training program incorporates hatha yoga practices (asana, pranayama, bandha) with jnana (scriptural studies), dhyana (meditation), bhakti (devotion, nada (sacred sound), asana sequencing, whilst emphasizing physical health, psychological well-being and spiritual growth as the main goals of yogic practices. This program gives students a broad understanding of both the theoretical and practical aspects of yoga.
This course will specifically focus on the following topics:
- Teaching Methodology: Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting/correcting, instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher, the student’s process of learning
- Subtle Anatomy: Understanding the metaphysical and energetic framework of how yoga works – 8 limbs of yoga, koshas and nadis.
- Yoga Philosophy: Exploration of important yoga texts including The Yoga Sutras, The Bhagavad Gita and The Hatha Yoga Pradipika
- Sanskrit: Using the ancient language of yoga
- Practicum: Practice teaching, sequencing, planning a class, receiving feedback, observing others teaching, assisting other teachers and hearing/giving feedback
- Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: Exploration of what constitutes a yoga lifestyle and ethics for yoga teachers
- Business skills: Practical tools for the business of yoga
- Pregnancy yoga and women’s teachings: Understanding the safety elements for teaching pregnancy
- Ayurveda, yoga’s ‘sister science’: Learning about the Doshas
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Lanuage for teaching, how to deal with students, levels of practice, illnesses, injuries etc.
Botannix Yoga Teacher Training runs from early
July to October and includes:
- 15 full day training sessions
- 6-week Meditation Course (Weds night weekly 7:45-9pm – July 24 – Aug 28th)
- 3-day retreat in the beautiful Blue Mountains – Vanam Retreat
- Comprehensive workbook and teaching resources (some books must be purchased in addition to course fee)
- Written assignments
- Yoga class participation at Botannix / FREE classes will be given
- A maximum of 14 participants are accepted into each training course
- Training days run on Sunday / Monday / Tuesday 9.30am – 4.30pm each day
- July 21/22/23
- August 4/5/6 | 25/26/27
- September 8/9/10 | 29/30/1
- October 20/21/22 – Vanam Retreat
- November 3 – Graduation (Kirtan Mantra Night)
The tuition cost of $3,400 includes all training sessions, comprehensive workbook and teaching resources, yoga class participation at Botannix and 3-day retreat in the beautiful Blue Mountains. Payment plan available upon request. Register by June 30th and get the early bird price amounting $3,400.
This program is designed for people who are interested in either teaching yoga or deepening their own practice. An established yoga practice is expected with a minimum of two continuous years.
FREE VINYASA FLOW CLASS FROM 11am - 12:30pm
As an introduction to the Program, this Saturday, June 22nd we are hosting a BOTANNIX TEACHER TRAINING INDUCTION DAY.
For all of those interested in the Program, Katie Manitsas will be leading a FREE VINYASA FLOW CLASS FROM 11am – 12:30pm. Class will be followed by Q&A session that will include info on course schedule and itinerary. The Program will give you the opportunity to be part of the Botannix yoga studio community and will give you the confidence to hold space whilst teaching your own classes. You will be awarded the Botannix 200 hours Yoga Teacher Training Certificate internationally recognized by the Yoga Alliance. Looking forward to meeting you and sharing this magical journey.