Starts May 18
Many Yoga, 200 Pittwater Road, Manly
Three dates – starts Saturday, May 18 12.30pm – 5.30pm
(part two August 31, part 3 November 30)
Learn the art of meditation and pranayama from one of Australia’s most renowned meditation teachers, David Burgess. This course is the most comprehensive in its field today. Suitable for beginners and current practitioners or teachers. Comprehensive and thorough with individual attention. Become a dedicated Meditation teacher, or deepen your personal practice.
Would you like to develop your pranayama (breathing) and meditation practice in a systematic way? Perhaps you are a yoga teacher wanting to broaden and deepen your repertoire of teaching skills? Or maybe you are a keen student of yoga seeking to develop your personal practice under the guidance of a master teacher?
This comprehensive Meditation and Pranayama course starts at the very beginning with the simpler more foundational practices, and over the course of three terms, the practices are built up to an intermediate or advanced level through attendance at 3 workshops at Manly Yoga, plus personal home practice and detailed practice journal feedback.
- In the first term, the emphasis is on breath control and breath expansion and sustained steadiness in meditation.
- In the second term, the emphasis will be on the classical balancing and tranquilising breathing practices and a number of meditation techniques: Mantra (various forms of Japa), Drishti (gazing) – Trataka and Akasha, and Dharana (fixed attention).
- In the final term come the more advanced vitalising pranayamas such as Bhastrika and Kapalbhati and the more challenging meditation techniques of Ajapa Japa and Antar Mauna.
Workshop dates at Manly Yoga:
1st session (Term 1): Saturday 18th May 2019, 12:30pm – 5:30pm
2nd session (Term 2): Saturday 31 August 2019, 12:30pm – 5:30pm
3rd session (Term 3): Saturday 30 November 2019, 12:30pm – 5:30pm
David Burgess has developed and will support this course. David has been practising and teaching various forms of yoga, and particularly pranayama and meditation for over 40 years and is considered to be a master teacher by those in his field. He teaches pranayama and meditation on the respected IYTA Teacher Training course and is a life member of the IYTA. Book Now to not miss out!
The Full course with face-to-face sessions costs just $495 for Members or $535 for Non-Members, and is a 90hr CPD Certificate.
This course is practice-based and requires you to be prepared to practise the scheduled practices in your own time, for at least four sessions a week for a minimum of 20 – 30 minutes each session. Beyond this, there is regular specified reading and time allocated to writing in your journal.
You will need to acquire two textbooks:
1. Prana and Pranayama by Swami Niranjananda
2. Meditations from the Tantras by Swami SatyanandaIf you are unable to enrol in the Face-to-face course at Manly Yoga, IYTA also offer the complete Pranayama and Meditation Course Online, or the option to undertake the course online in stages separately. Please follow this link to the IYTA website for more information.